I was on a hunt for my favorite red necklace. It’s the one I wore in my author photo and it has a lot of meaning to me. It also perfectly matches the shoes I want to wear tomorrow. When I saw that it wasn’t hanging on my jewelery rack and then realized it wasn’t in my overflow jewelry box, I became determined. Life would pause while I turned over ever last inch of the apartment until I found this necklace. (Of course, this only meant I could put off my accounting homework a while longer.) I mined through bags and boxes and piles and heaps in my tiny little closet and boy, oh, boy was there an amazing stash of treasure back there. I am grateful for all the things I owned, and forgot about, only to discover like it was the first time again.
- all of my jewelry from Senegal
- all of my dresses from Senegal
- 3 meters of sweet fabric from Ghana that I’ve been meaning to make something out of
- a vintage dress that I’ve never even worn
- three button down shorts in the exact same shade of pink
- shoes that i’ve never worn because they kill my feet that I am happy to bring to goodwill
- a BRAND NEW sweater from anthropologie…yes, anthropologie!!!…. that I bought a few weeks ago and then proceeded to completely forget about. this is better than finding a $100 bill in the back of your jeans!