Gratitude Snippets for September 24, 2009
- Despite existing in state of being that I’ve come to call “functional fatigue,” I am beginning to see the awesome opportunities that lie within the classrooms of Grainger, the walls of the Weinert Center, and the two years that will be unfolding faster than I can imagine at the Wisconsin School of Business.
- Running partners! Nothing makes a run less painful or go faster than sharing it with a fellow runner. Especially those who inspire me with their competitive sport ambitions!
- Running at the same time as the UW Women’s Cross Country team on the Lakeshore Path. A reminder of all the motivational t-shirts born out of CC. “Its not about the size of the dog in the fight, its about the size of the fight in the dog.”
- Why didn’t anyone tell me that the UW Marching band has some of the hottest bodies on campus… and that they provide an upbeat soundtrack to my runs if I time it right?
- Enjoying a double dose of local publicity this week. Wisconsin Woman (page 9). The Wisconsin Book Festival publicity.
- Akon. Nothing like Akon on my ipod to make the bus ride home a little less of a crowded swine-flu-germ cesspool, and a little more of a dimly lit, intimate lounge.