Our community garden plot is only a 4 minute run (3:56 to be precise) from our house; a perfect warm up. On my latest run, I stopped by to check out the action and, oh boy, things are looking good. Today, I am grateful for all the signs of life in our garden, which include:
- Daffodils in bloom
- Tulips sprouting, bud has pinkish tint; maybe two days away from bloom
- Tallest leaves in the flower garden belong to the purple allium (flowering onion). No flower buds on them yet though.
- There are shorter plants budding up and I’ve forgotten what I planted.
- Big leafy rhubarb already has thick red stalks
- Garlic leaves are all up and about 8″ tall
- Tiny leaves are poking their way out of the raspberry branches
- Strawberry plant leaves are becoming more saturated with green and red tones; they’ve definitely spread out since last year.
- I pulled out lots of dandelion leaves today. A sign of life, albeit choked out by modern agriculture.