I once would’ve thought that was so old.
Things to be grateful for:
- Looking towards a brand new year and all the wisdom that comes with experience
- Making mistakes, picking myself up, and trying again
- Running my own business
- Working toward my MBA
- Trip back to Senegal. The limitless family of Yayeme, Senegal.
- Diene’s love, patience, encouragement, laughter, and company
- Great neighbors on Miller Ave.
- Sharing hobbies (photography and dreaming big) with my dad
- My best friend who lived down the street from me again for a while this year
- Having the means to be a vegetarian
- A full social calendar. Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold.
- Being surrounded by smart people every day
- All the eye candy on campus
- A mom who loves to shop for other people
- The Jack LaLanne Juicer
- Running around the track at the SERF
- Ideas. Business ideas.
- Regina Spektor. iTunes. Pandora. WORT. WPR. KCRW.
- Strategies & Systems & Frameworks
- Laughter, everyday.
I took the day off to go to the Wisconsin River in Prairie du Sac with the hopes of seeing some bald eagles. We saw many – I’m grateful and taking it as a sign of good things to come this year.
One response to “Birthday gratitudes”
Love the eagle photo! When I lived in La Crosse, my apartment overlooked the confluence of the Black and Mississippi rivers, and I often had a front-row seat (my second-floor balcony) to the habits and antics of all sorts of water birds. One spring, when the ice on the river was just starting to break up, my roommate at the time woke me up and told me to peek outside: There were about 20 bald eagles perched at the edge of ice holes fishing for breakfast! It was one of the most amazing things I’d ever seen.